A Movie by Almodovar

I've mentioned before that I am not a person that picks a movie according to its director, however; recently I've noticed that some directors are special to me and I like to watch every movie of them. Pedro Almodovar is, for example, one of them. The most that I like about his movies is his social critic's messages. Even I don't live in Spain and not grew up with Hispanic culture, I can sense what he wants to criticize and try to show and teach the audiences.




Apart from some exceptions; I've seen most of his movies. For me, the most remarkable thing in his movies is gender. Since he is the scenarist of movies, it is obvious that he wants to tell the untold. Maybe we can talk about gender and gender roles and sexuality easily right now, however, I think it is not that easy to talk then. He was brave enough to show this to us. He can brave enough to make attention. We can see how treated trans people in society, how difficult their life, what kind of dangers they have to face to face in daily life while we are whining about vanity thing. Especially in "Mala Education(Bad Education)" and " Todo Sobre de Mi Madre ( All About My Mother)" you can observe the situation clearly. 
In addition to that Almodovar, shows how powerful women are. In my opinion, women characters in his movies are so strong to deal with difficulties, even, more complexional and tougher.


Every movie of him examines social problems like social tabus about sex, gender, sexual abuse, murder, suicides, women rights, the liberation of woman...


pedro almodovar movies ile ilgili görsel sonucu


Like I said at the beginning those themes are universal. The thing is not happening in one country or one city. We all encounter such stories in our daily lives. His characters are lively and intimate.
It is sure that he knows human psychology. Through the movies, you can be captured by the psychology of the characters. You can understand them. Moreover, you can replace with them while you watching.
I remember how I irritated while I was watching " La Piel Que Habito ( The skin that I lived in)"
The thing when I was watching the movie is to make every mele in the world watch. Maybe only this way they can understand how women feel when something happens to them by force even they do not ask and do not want. It is kind of eye-an-eye technic, however; I think this kind of give an opinion about the situation of women what they live every time of the day.



la piel que habito ile ilgili görsel sonucu
La Piel Que Habito (2011)


Almodovar is very successful to hit the audience. For example; while I was watching "Volver", I was shocked when the truth reveals about father.
You can experience by yourself what is happening on the scene. I think they are replaceable feeling.
It happened to me while I was watching his movies. I could make empathy with his characters easily.

volver ile ilgili görsel sonucu
volver ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Volver (2006)












Between all this topic that I am talking at the beginning, there is one more thing that I want to share you. It is; social beauty standards. He barely cares about this. His characters always nature, always daily and random. He has no effort to chose the most beautiful women to play in his movies or the most skinny, the most handsome.. His casting understanding depending on acting skills and naturality.




SOBRE de mi madre ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Todo Sobre Mi Madre
(1999)





mala educacion ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Mala Education
(2004)





almodovar mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Las Mujeres Al Borde De Un Ataque Nervios
(1988)



habla con ella almodovar ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Habla con Ella
(2002)


According to all, I would like to say we need directors like him, especially in the 21st century.
We, as people, have to deal with some issues that he tries to show us since his first work. We need to effort to get over social determined rules and standards. We have to stop classification people and things because we are the ones who can stop the duality and inequality in this society.



Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Hangi içkinin yanında hangi yiyecek tüketilmeli?

Netflix'te mevcut İspanyolca diziler (DİZİ ÖNERİSİDİR) 👀

Capitoline Wolf (The Roman She-Wolf)